[GG] Jerran

Bring Back Navy?

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]
I'm Suggesting we should bring back Navy. Yes I remember the old times were people were mingy on navy but all those people have left. Navy could be different now. 
Pretty much sense everyone is maturing up I feel like something could happen in Navy. Better leadership. Plus Navy will have a SOC group to look up too. 
I'm not asking for this to happen right now. I'm just asking for your opinion on this idea.  
	Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]
This could even out more in factions because a lot of people join US. Maybe Navy Could Prove themselves right this time. 
Plus this will give more people interest into the Server because theirs a new Factions and they want to try it out and see how it works.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

Enlisted

E-2     SA: Seaman Apprentice

E-3     SN: Seaman

E-4     PO3: Petty Officer Third Class

E-5     PO2: Petty Officer Second Class

E-6     PO1: Petty Officer First Class

E-7     CPO: Chief Petty Officer

E-8   SCPO: Senior Chief Petty Officer

E-9  MCPO: Master Chief Petty Officer

E-9  CMCPO: Command Master Chief Petty Officer

E-9 MCPON: Master Chief Petty Officer Of Navy. AKA SMMC from Marines

Warrant Officers

W-2 CW2: Chief Warrant Officer 2

W-3 CW3: Chief Warrant Officer 3

W-4 CW4: Chief Warrant Officer 4

W-5 CW5: Chief Warrant Officer 5

Officers

O-1 ENS: Ensign

O-2 LTJG: Lieutenant Junior Grade

O-3 LT: Lieutenant

O-4 LCDR: Lieutenant Commander

O-5 CDR: Commander

O-6 CAPT: Captain

O-7 RDML: Rear Admiral Lower Half

O-8 RADM: Rear Admiral

O-9 VADM: Vice Admiral

0-10 ADM: Admiral

O-11 FADM: Fleet Admiral

Posted (edited)

Other than the repeated question of "Why?"
I'll state this. 

It's not about having a multitude of factions.

From what i've heard, RU, which is a country with 4 Factions in it Total, has been doing better than you guys in war.

You may say "Muh immersion. muh diversity" But honestly, Why does that matter?

If you state immersion, There's no water on the map. 

No Water means no Naval Ships which means for no Navy to show up, SEALs are different though.

"But Marines are here. And they leech off of navy a lot" Yes. But the Marine Corps have historically been used as a shock force to make initial breaks in enemy lines. Has the navy? Nuh uh.

"But muh diversity. u never answered that now dud you?"
2GA + SSO + V + GRU  > Army + Green Beret + Delta + Marines + MARSOC + SEALs
You already have Diversity. That's why I assume you're playing US over RU

Also, It conveludes things. Why have 3 different ranking structures?

Also may I add, I was against base navy when it was first a thing nearly a year ago.2dmC9CO.jpg

Edited by Church of Zero Two
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Church of Zero Two said:

Other than the repeated question of "Why?"
I'll state this. 

It's not about having a multitude of factions.

From what i've heard, RU, which is a country with 4 Factions in it Total, has been doing better than you guys in war.

You may say "Muh immersion. muh diversity" But honestly, Why does that matter?

If you state immersion, There's no water on the map. 

No Water means no Naval Ships which means for no Navy to show up, SEALs are different though.

"But Marines are here. And they leech off of navy a lot" Yes. But the Marine Corps have historically been used as a shock force to make initial breaks in enemy lines. Has the navy? Nuh uh.

"But muh diversity. u never answered that now dud you?"
2GA + SSO + V + GRU  > Army + Green Beret + Delta + Marines + MARSOC + SEALs
You already have Diversity. That's why I assume you're playing US over RU

Also, It conveludes things. Why have 3 different ranking structures?

Also may I add, I was against base navy when it was first a thing nearly a year ago.

Army is a dying faction. There are NO active officers, let me rephrase. No Officers to appoint even a staff sergeant, all of them are 2LT or below. There's only one officer that can promote above MSG, and he's never on and when he is he's playing a different faction or server. And the officer that can promote to ALL keeps trying to go on week long LOA's. Replacing Army with Navy would make more sense. Marines and Navy are great together and we already have MARSOC and SEALs. Navy would do MUCH better for the player base, and RP wise. I agree to the no ship no navy thing, but even if there is no water on the map, its not hard to have water as scenery outside of the map. US would work better as a whole with Marines and Navy.

Just now, BeeBopBrand said:

Army is a dying faction. There are NO active officers, let me rephrase. No Officers to appoint even a staff sergeant, all of them are 2LT or below. There's only one officer that can promote above MSG, and he's never on and when he is he's playing a different faction or server. And the officer that can promote to ALL keeps trying to go on week long LOA's. Replacing Army with Navy would make more sense. Marines and Navy are great together and we already have MARSOC and SEALs. Navy would do MUCH better for the player base, and RP wise. I agree to the no ship no navy thing, but even if there is no water on the map, its not hard to have water as scenery outside of the map. US would work better as a whole with Marines and Navy.

And at that point, If Army is Dying Beebop, Perhaps it would take Gildarts and Phantom to step in and change Leaders. Because it's obvious that the current GA is for lack of a better word, retarded.

Marines And Navy Lore-wise, Yes. Perhaps it's a better fit. But regardless, You're going to switch everyone from Army to Navy, remove a core integral part of the server (That;s been there since Garnet had acquired the server I thinks) 
I'm not trying to speak for garnet here, but I'm not sure he wants to change the skybox, to contain water. which lowers your FPS dramatically, (Even more so than predator I assume)

So. On that bit. I Leave garnet to decide on the creative future of wanting to add water to the skybox lol

1 hour ago, Church of Zero Two said:

And at that point, If Army is Dying Beebop, Perhaps it would take Gildarts and Phantom to step in and change Leaders. Because it's obvious that the current GA is for lack of a better word, retarded.

Marines And Navy Lore-wise, Yes. Perhaps it's a better fit. But regardless, You're going to switch everyone from Army to Navy, remove a core integral part of the server (That;s been there since Garnet had acquired the server I thinks) 
I'm not trying to speak for garnet here, but I'm not sure he wants to change the skybox, to contain water. which lowers your FPS dramatically, (Even more so than predator I assume)

So. On that bit. I Leave garnet to decide on the creative future of wanting to add water to the skybox lol

Gildarts and Phantom have known about it for a while and have been told to step in many times. And its just scenery, exactly how would that drop fps? The water doesn't need to move at all it's just a blue background. 

Just now, BeeBopBrand said:

Gildarts and Phantom have known about it for a while and have been told to step in many times. And its just scenery, exactly how would that drop fps? The water doesn't need to move at all it's just a blue background. 

Then take it a step higher lol.
It would drop fps by needing to render. Water, even if not moving, stresses graphics.

But Again i'll say, Let Garnet decide that factor

• Thanks 1

I was VADM and I'll -1 this, partial reasoning in correlation to Homast's reasoning 

1 minute ago, [GG] Jerran said:

I get you guys are -1 this but could you guys give navy another chance?

Why should Navy be put back in?

1 hour ago, [GG] Jerran said:

This could even out more in factions because a lot of people join US.

Bad reason

Maybe Navy Could Prove themselves right this time.

In what ways? What could they do that is different this time?

Plus this will give more people interest into the Server because theirs a new Factions

You can tryout for a SOC faction after joining one of the base faction(s).

I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm just telling you the truth. This isn't a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Crin {GG} said:

Why should Navy be put back in?

Navy Should be Put Back in because people will have another faction to look up to. Then the other factions

Bad reason

In what ways? What could they do that is different this time?

They can be more mature crin i get that Navy was a mingy Faction back then but people have matured up in the server and now Navy could change.

You can tryout for a SOC faction after joining one of the base faction(s).

I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm just telling you the truth. This isn't a good idea.

Posted (edited)

Adding more factions to US is a terrible idea. Funny how someone who left Army as an officer is criticizing it for not having enough officers. All of the reasons provided to add Navy back are all flawed and poorly constructed.

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, [GG] Jerran said:

I get you guys are -1 this but could you guys give navy another chance?

No.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1