[ACCEPTED] Sleepy - Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Sleepy, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleepy

Sleepy NLR

Name:
    Sleepy

14 (perms from Shephard.) https://gyazo.com/57f18e4a92c79d9c64c31784e08358b2

Warns:
    2, Att.RDA, the reason was i saw someone RDM and i tried to arrest them, but stopped because they ran away. At the time i did not realize I couldn't arrest someone if they were slightly out of base, they were within the bushes near US base. The second is False Advert, once i saw someone advert "Raid" in chat before a war so I falsed it, and was warned. This was completely my bad, these warns are pretty out dated.

Country of residence:
    United States of America

Timezone:
    North West (UTC-07:00)

How much time do you have on the server?
    18A 2LT Sleepy has played for 273:18:51.

Do you own a Microphone: [YES/NO]
    YES

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]
    Fischer, Tanner, Chris Branch, Crin, Nomad, SonOfElmo, Swigs

About yourself: [Minimum 1 paragraph]
    Hello, My name is Sleepy and I consider myself an invested part of the Military Role Playing community. I am currently 14, turning 15 in September. I have been gaming since I was young and have an estimated 5 years of experience on Steam. When not playing games, I fill my time with my other hobbies/passions one of which is parkour and the other watching YouTube and laughing at Instagram memes. A short list of games I enjoy outside of G Mod are Team Fortress 2, CSGO, Terraria, and Grand Theft Auto 5. As stated before, I have a passion for parkour and other sports such as basketball. Outside of these activities, I have no real life except for hanging out with friends. I play video games for 6 hours a day, with a majority of my time being on G Mod and specifically the Garnet Gaming Military Role Play server.

I am very personable and have no issue with discussing any topic with anyone at any time and I find myself with a lot of spare/personal time since I don't have much to do outside of play video games. As I said earlier, I am invested in the Garnet MRP server enough I gave away all of my CSGO (one of my favorite games as well) skins to Garnet for in game weapons, including the Goat, which I have regretted ever since I got it.

Past experiences as staff: [optional]
    When I choose to invest my time into something, I tend not to waste it and put my full effort forward into immersing myself into the community. I have held staff positions before on other valve related gaming servers such as Moderator on Elite Gaming Syndicate, a Team Fortress 2 server group, and I once worked my way into being a moderator on D3sk1ng, a Grand Theft Auto 5 modding community from Discord.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 1 paragraph]
    The reason I originally pursued a rule-enforcement role through the Military Police is because I value the quality of being open and honest, I believe that people need to uphold the respect that others give them, even if the resulting actions would result in punishment for actions taken. I do not believe honesty grants someone to be pardoned for their actions, but does keep a sense of honor intact. I believe the opposite of the staff/moderator/admin role is being bias and abusing authority, these being things I personally regard with disgust and hatred. I believe that for a society/community to thrive there must be rules established and enforced to make sure fair and equal treatment of everyone involved continues. As I've said before, I consider myself very invested into the GG-MRP community and as a result have involved myself in the rules through reading the MOTD thoroughly as well as experiencing many sits and discussions on Team Speak, in-game, and on the forums.

I believe in enforcing justice strictly, even if the people breaking the rules are my friends out of character and comrades in character. I believe that if a rule is broken, it is the responsibility of the person who witnessed it to report the rule breaking, even if whoever involved with the "crime" doesn't want me to report them. I am of the belief that all people are to be held to the same standard, despite personal connections and attachments.

I recognize and accept that some may think that because I am only 14 I am immature and inconsiderate towards others. I would like to believe that I am an exception to this and would request that a consideration be made for me in this perspective. In fact, I believe myself to be far more mature than the average teenager, finding disinterest in the stereotypical actions of most of those around my age. This position of staff is not something I take lightly, and though it may not exactly be a serious RP server, it should be considered a server where seriousness is valued when it comes to involvements with its community. I have invested approximately 273 hours to the server in the short time I have been around, a small number compared to some, but I believe that this is merely the beginning and the first leg of my journey. In this time, I have swiftly climbed the ranks of the Green Beret to become a 2nd Lieutenant, if that speaks to my personal maturity at all.

Did you read the staff rules:
    Sleepy
    (Edited for rewrite at the request of @Margarit Cotty and @SythenMcSwiggity )

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy NLR

3. Ebichu

Ebichu Garnets Hoe

OOF.Good staff app,its one of those apps that make me say wow this guy just made my staff app look like shit.You seem dedicated.Decent hours.Cool guy even though you made fun of me for being kidnapped.

Sleepy likes this.
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy NLR

sorry love u babe

5. Chris Branch

Chris Branch Member

+1 Great guy, chill, listen very well.

Renaird and Sleepy like this.
  6. Remake

Remake Newbie

+1 Has dedication, nice guy, works well with others, nice app. Good Luck

Sleepy likes this.
  7. Shrugger

Shrugger Mass RDMer

+1 Very dedicated and a pleasurable person to be around.

Sleepy likes this.
  8. tgon95

tgon95 Addict

+1 he is one of the best officers I have had the privilege of having. He is dedicated and mains two different factions. He can divide his time well and fulfill any responsibilities given to him.

9. ✪ Fearless™

✪ Fearless™ Godlike

+1 Good App, like how you always have proof, always good for a staff member to be used to doing.

Sleepy likes this.
  10. BloodyImperial

BloodyImperial Member

+1. ^These^

Also is a good MP

Sleepy likes this.
  11. Sleepy

Sleepy NLR

you guys mean a lot to me and i thank you all <3

12. J-r0cKz

J-r0cKz Newbie

+1 Hes Great 2LT in GB. Would be perfect for the job.

Sleepy likes this.
  13. Sleepy

Sleepy NLR

my boy Jay <3

14. Crin

Crin Hardcore

+1
    ~Add to referrals

Sleepy likes this.
  15. Sleepy

Sleepy NLR

Ayy thank you Crin you da best