Army - Changes Happening (LOCKED)

Discussion in 'Army' started by Toxic, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toxic

Toxic MRP Manager Staff Member

Hello US Army, the ranks of 1SG and CSM were classified as Special Ranks, they are not any longer. By adding these back this is also adding more ranks you have to achieve before getting to WO. With the ranks being added back there are also going to be roles handed out to each rank and what they have to mainly do. The ranking in Army is going to get a little more difficult instead of looking at whether I like you or not and should be promoted, there will be playtime dedicated to the Army to achieve your rank, leadership skills, and overall community representation. Meaning I want to see even if you are a Sergeant First Class I'd like you to take a squad of men lower ranking then you and lead them into battle, I don't want a simple you go off by yourself I would like a more of a buddy system, this is to make sure you have each others backs and everyone in the Army can trust one another.

Another addition coming soon is the Officer Candidate School (OCS) for WO-CWO. This will soon be required for all WO and CWO to complete before even being thought of for a promotion into the Second Lieutenant Spot. This is making sure that the Army isn't looking like a quick promo kind of faction where we have an overflow of officers. While on the topic of overflow of officers and just overflow in general, there will be a stricter watch on WO-Gen. I would like to see all my officers and Warrant/Chief Warrant Officers being more active and showing their leadership skills and cutting back on the minging (I've seen multiple times in US Base.) As more and more changes are coming to the new US Base and the new map in general I would like the WO+ to be telling the new Army Recruits about what's being updated and making sure that the new PVTs or new to the new FOB Army Men are notified of all the KOS Lines and locations of the objectives.

If you guys have any concerns or any recommendations for changes in the US Army either make a conversation with me on the Forums or message below.
  2. Sneaky Goose

Sneaky Goose No Life Goals

Well, in regards to Warrant Officer ranks and OCS, here's the deal with it: Warrant Officer ranks are only given out to people who demonstrate leadership and a technical skill like they are good engineers or mechanics. It really is not a buffer between Enlisted and Officers and anyone from E-5 and higher can go through OCS.

Fun fact: there is also an NCOS (Non-commisioned officer school) in the Army where if you pass, you may be promoted to E-4 and become an NCO.
  3. Dillan

Dillan Cappuccino

How does this effect GB?
  4. D3AD

D3AD 게이 인증

There is also WOCS ;)
  5. Toxic

Right now there is really nothing of mine for the Army that affect the GB that much, me and Felix are in contact and I'm sure I'll keep him up to date.
  6. Sneaky Goose

True but that is a program to become WO and once you become a WO you can still become an officer but most likely will not. What I am implicating is that the WO ranks should not be used as a buffer between enlisted and officers.
    D3AD likes this.
  7. Toxic

I somewhat like the idea of not having the WO as a buffer but let's be honest the Army needs a buffer inbetween and just more ranks to go through which is better experience for the soon to be officers. The WO are going to start having a lot more responsibility and just not having them would be a struggle not gonna lie.
  8. Sneaky Goose

Well, you can still have WO's. I'm not saying you should remove them but should improve the whole ranking system altogether. See if you like this idea:

PV1-SPC (Promotable ranks out of recruitment)

SPC -> CPL (Must pass NCOS to get to E-4. This will already start cutting down on minges and irresponsible players)

CPL-CSM (Promotable ranks once completed NCOS)

From CSM, they can choose OCS or WOCS. WO ranks should be used for specializations like they are great at sniping and can host training for that specific class. Etc.

Use officers to lead and WO's to have masters at a certain skill that can teach others that skill or lead teams in that skill group.

Also, in real life, promotions only happen when a slot opens up so let's say there are four Corporals and then one Sergeant retires, only one of those CPL's can move up a paygrade. Having a set number of players per paygrade can allow for the ranks to have their own responsibility and can even lead to the formulation of functioning platoons.
    Ethan or koolguy001 and D3AD like this.
  9. Toxic

Okay I'll keep this idea in mind.
  10. You defeated the point of having them as special ranks, the reason why we removed WO1, CW2, CW3, CW4, CW5 is so we can get GOOD people into officer faster.

It already is....
  11. Isn't this the problem Toxic is planning to fix? He said something about overflow in the Officer area, probably because of what you just said. He doesn't want to get people into Officer faster, but instead give Warrant Officers/Enlisted more to do while on their way up to Officer, to show their skill, leadership abilities, etc.
  12. First off warrant officers aren't realistic but thats besides the point.......And no MSG = E-8A, 1SG = E-8B. SGM = E-9A, CSM = E-9B, SMA = E-9C/S
    You go from E-7 to E-8, A OR B, not both. 1SG is a desk position, thats it. From E-8 A OR B, you go up to E-9 A OR B. NOT BOTH. That means rather than needing 9 Promotions or (13 Days) you now will need 11 or (18 Days), that means you have a better chance at becoming a WO/Officer in Navy/Marines than Army.... Like tf
    D3AD likes this.
  13. Toxic

I removed the Special ranks and we're just having general progression, none of that special shit. Too many officers and I don't like the fact that there were some that were still on the roster as active even though they haven't been on in weeks. So we're sticking to this form and if it needs to happen we'll remove the ranks.
  14. Cypher

Cypher سايفر

Huuuge +1 to this i believe this would be a great utilization of the warrant officer rank and make it more realistic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.