Built another computer :P

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Garnet, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

So since getting back into college it's no secret I've been incredibly stressed out - which is only normal for a full-time student with a lame job where you have to spend 10 hours working on a HUD because you're too fucking stupid to do it as fast as somebody like Bizzy.

I decided to treat myself to do something fun for once, and thought it'd be smart to refresh my old, useless computer from 2013 and turn it into a HTPC (hometheaterPC) build. I bought the cheapest and most reputable 120GB SSD I could find, aswell as the cheapest and most reputable power supply I could find, and you guessed that one right, the cheapest and most reputable CPU cooler I could find (a fucking $40 AIO water cooler that performed on par with my $60 noctua cooler holy fuk).

I made sure to spend a LONG time working on cable management so this thing looks half decent, despite having ketshup and mustard cables (the PSU was on the cheap side, like I said)
    But in any case, who the fuck cares about anything I have to say, here are the pictures:
    [​IMG]

Cable management on the back
    [​IMG]

Final product:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Evity

Evity Staff Member Owner

hot

Spooky likes this.
  3. WarmPupper

WarmPupper No Life Goals

Nice.
    I forgot to post some photos of the setup you helped me pick out. I’ll get those up eventually, when I am not too lazy.

My cable management isn’t as good as yours, I probably shouldn’t have gotten a Micro ATX case. It was a tight fit.

4. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

Cable management in a micro atx case? I hope that's a joke.

MRP Chillie Six likes this.
  5. Homast

Homast Crippling Depression

Yea man. He's gotta manage the Sata cables.
    They can get pretty long you know.
    xDDD
    EDIT:
    Garnet, That's a sexy ass case. Quiet af too.
    Good choice.

6. The Hash Slinging Slasher

The Hash Slinging Slasher Addict

7. ✪ Fearless™

✪ Fearless™ Godlike

Hotter than yo- I mean a volcano... something like that

8. Sneaky Goose

Sneaky Goose No Life Goals

There are cases that allow for cable management on MATX cases. They ususally have a large shell on the right side-panel to allow for the cables. Otherwise, you probably meant ITX cause that would be hard to pull off.

9. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

eh. Micro ATX and ITX cases are nearly impossible to manage well. The only Micro cases that allow for managements are as you said, those that dedicate an entire compartment to cables (which is debatable whether or not they're still micro form factor), and ITX is just.. ugh

10. Sneaky Goose

Well the towers are categorized by the type of MoBo they can support. You can have a bulky ass tower but it can still be a micro ATX since the height of the tower only supports MATX boards. ATX towers (AKA full towers) usually are a few inches taller to support ATX boards.

11. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

which brings me back to my point.. why have a case designed for MATX if it's going to be as large as a typical ATX case. IE: most raidmax, phanteks cases.

12. Sneaky Goose

They are not the same height as ATX cases. They are just a bit wider to support cable storage. You would not be able to fit in a PSU if you put in an ATX board, let alone the screw holes would not line up.

13. not a propblocker

not a propblocker Addict

can i have your old one