Cutting the ties with the MilitaryRP community

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by Garnet, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

This may seem like a typical rant post from me, but honestly, i'm going to try my best to stick to my word.

I've been running an unhealthy schedule when it comes to MilitaryRP, mapping for 30-40 hours on end with adhd kicking in, and making sure everything accommodate those of you who have special circumstances; IE: old PCs/no CSS content/low space on your 60GB SSD, and I've just tried my best to be a better model of a server owner (other than being a cuck to some ignorant people on the forums).
    I've noticed a trend that is - the more work i'm putting in, the more people that come around and complain/disrespect me directly for being a lousy community owner, and honestly, I don't think i'm deserving of this attitude - I've grown completely tired of this cycle. For the most part, I've been a one-man operation who is passionate about what they do, I never let money or numbers corrupt me, in the same fashion that other communities of our scale have (putting aside SuperiorServers of course).

Upon implementing the last series of updates which is something I've been working on for hundreds, if not over a thousand hours, I was welcomed by a select few people who congratulated me/thanked me, but there was an even bigger, overwhelming number of people disregarding my work and complaining about what they do not like, demanding I modify it to their liking. Because of this, I've been growing incredibly bitter with the community, and today was definitely the last straw in this chain of events. I am absolutely despising the current community that MilitaryRP has evolved to be, and I will be re-focusing my attention to my DarkRP server, which at this point is much more deserving of my attention.

To end with a positive note, thank you to the select players such as TJ, Shephard, Shrimps and Milkdud who greatly helped me when it came to releasing more content/peer reviewing it, you guys are awesome!

PS. this isn't the thread to start praising me and making me feel better about myself in hopes I feel better, it is simply a note to MilitaryRP players to enjoy the content they already have, otherwise they may want to seek another community to play on, because not much will be changing past this point. I'm sorry those of you who have always been kind towards me when it came to my work, and I hope this doesn't affect you too much.​
  2. Margarit Cotty

Margarit Cotty No Life Goals

They should really start appreciating all the hard work youve done for them instead of spending their time trying to find flaws, Im excited to see what kind of updates you'll bring DarkRP <3
  3. Canadian Toast

Canadian Toast toastie trap <3

Damn. Just as I was getting back into MRP too. Well, good luck with DarkRP, I hope all goes well. Sorry we shat on your work.
  4. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

I'm honestly not too sure what I could bring that would be new to DarkRP- seeing as the server has been going rock solid for 3 years now, but I'm playing on it at this given moment because I ragequit MRP moments ago.

Not so much shitting on my work, but just not being appreciative/being demanding I do more at all times.
  5. This means that our Officers/Generals/Leaders need to start doing more shit, and I think Russia is doing good on that note at the moment. Thanks for the insane amount of content you have provided us :)
    Garnet likes this.
  6. AustinDatDude

AustinDatDude Mass RDMer

Screw them Disrespectful Bitchs
  7. Margarit Cotty

Margarit Cotty No Life Goals

You said you had something about raids, and also maybe work on getting the inventories and the other features back? Or is that still not dealt with since we moved hosts? Also just maybe go through the drp suggestions and see if there's anything you like
    AustinDatDude likes this.
  8. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

Yeah, Russia is definitely up to a good start, and will hopefully stay on this path even after the hype for it dies down in a few weeks. You're welcome for the content, hope you run the server at a solid 300 FPS like myself.

Unfortunately both features are being entirely held back by the ignorance of our host- that is because our servers are located in Texas, but databases are still in Canada. I cannot have too many features utilizing MySQL without a big performance loss.
  9. Bongerlord

Bongerlord Hardcore

Garnet I've been here for a decent amount of time I've seen the changes on both servers, I respect you and if I've cause any harm i'm sorry keep up the good work my nig nog you are right about most things you say and i'm going to support whatever you do
  10. OpTic Gunnner

OpTic Gunnner No Life Goals

Thank You Garnet for the Work you put in. You don't Deserve the hate you get meanwhile putting effort into everything you do and making sure everyone can play. I would love to see one of them try to do what you do and probably will fail. I Greatly Appreciate what you do,did. for both servers.
  11. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

No man, you did not cause any harm - the people in OOC chat were the ones causing harm. Thank you for the support.
  12. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

Going to stress this again:
    This isn't the place to thank me for the work I've put in, server updates is. This is a note to Military Roleplay players expecting big changes.
    AustinDatDude and Margarit Cotty like this.
  13. Tayler

Tayler Mass RDMer

It sucks because it looks like a lot of people purposely complain and be a douchebag when you're on as if you're going to slave to them. Not cool that it had to happen like this
  14. Phantom

Phantom Howdy

You should play on MRP without worrying about people complaining. Just play on Alpha Group and just play instead of worrying about what the players are saying. They'll get the message when you don't respond or just tell them to stop.
  15. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

You were just online moments ago, were you not?
    I was trying to play as Alpha Group Commander when the masses of kids started spamming OOC chat about me getting off the server to fix their models, aswell as how much they hate the "teleportation method" on the map.

Ironically enough, the shit you were joking about this morning with the "GARNET FIX X NOW", came to be literally 3-4 hours later.