Cutting the ties with the MilitaryRP community

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by Garnet, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Crin

Crin Godlike

Garnet you shouldn't worry what people are saying about you, you have been doing a amazing job with MRP. Don't let some children on the server get to you.
    You've released some amazing content and I thank you for that :)
  2. Canadian Toast

Canadian Toast toastie trap <3

Do you even R P? likes this.
  3. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

4. xgngushy

xgngushy Godlike

It's just unfortunate that our community doesn't think about the time you put in to make things happen and all they want to look at is what isn't working or what they don't like or don't have and there's the few that actually appreciate your work. When I was still active in the community it was horrible and I hope it still isn't as bad but really Garnet the server you have right now for MRP made some great memories for lots of people.
  5. Your passion for working on maps was well appreciated but it came at the wrong time for sure. When the community was grateful for what it had back in 2016 and were promised a map when we had the no-fog CSC_desert, probably would have been the prime time to actually start working on mapping. Unfortunately with a toxic community, myself included, nobody really gives a fuck anymore and we're all spoiled. Everyone currently has been brought in by you working constantly on mapping rather than the occasional update when Combined Applications was around. The obvious "oh thank you so much Garnet for the update" after every update when in reality people do care but only for the work you do and not so much how you feel in the process of doing so as well as what you need to do to make these updates come about. You can call it manipulative if you desire and I really could care less what you think I am anymore because I'm no longer here for those people who constantly bicker about how I hacked or I'm not a nice person. Life won't always throw nice people your way and sorry to those kids who's feelings I hurt but don't talk to me then idk what to tell you. Anyways, getting off track. You've been working pretty hard for an entire year trying to please everyone in your community and I'm sure everyone can agree that we like updates but also don't like them. We like them because there's new shit but we don't like them because one of many things happens. Something usually breaks, we liked this spot of the map better before than this new spot on the map because of X reason where-as it could be cover or whatever the fuck. Maybe a gun buff/nerf was set and people will always complain that X gun is too strong, or too weak. This new playermodel looks like shit compared to the older one we had previously. I don't blame you for making your choice to leave MRP (for now) and I surely think you made the right decision, but one thing I do know is that we're pretty ungrateful for what you've done and I think I'm the only one who can 100% authenticate that besides maybe Shuga due to us knowing how it is not getting updates every fucking day. Good luck lad.
    tgon95 and Aristocrat like this.
  6. Shephard

Shephard Local Horse Fucker Staff Member Owner

of all the people to lead an "RU Summit" it won't be you too
  7. Duel

Duel Owari-Da

Summits should never have been a thing to begin with, so I agree
  8. Dillan

Dillan Cappuccino

But it help establish MRP's current meme meta to this day. It evolved from Baseball memes to Coffee Beverages and Steirlings.
  9. Im Dream

Im Dream Owner

Is it because it's so unstable that whenever we modify a small detail it's impossible to compile it after,
    or it's just that you find it good like that ?
  10. Canadian Toast

Canadian Toast toastie trap <3

It's due to the fact that Garnet believes that changing it today would kill the playerbase, as it has in the past.

Though I do recommend he looks at my suggestion, it's a few changes that wouldn't have a great effect.
  11. Aristocrat

Aristocrat irrelevant

Thank you for all the time you've spent working on MRP, even if you don't get the appreciation you deserve :(
  12. BroDawggg

BroDawggg Crippling Depression

I know I can be a jerk on the forums sometimes but changes I asked for are more structurally based then errr meh geerrrd the window is too low on ATTC :mad: and honestly you've already done the changes ive always wanted, 1 entry faction, no ANP/MP, IJU was gone, RU was implemented like shit these kids should be jizzing their pants when you get on and thank you for them instead of complaining. Also the server has been popping off with well over 100 at peak times and this is with no bots and few AFkers. Server is doing better than its been in the last little bit. Anyways sorry for giving you grief before but I'm glad to see you taking a break but I hope you don't let these 13 year old kids get you down and you keep coming up with smart ideas for the server gg wp
    Garnet likes this.
  13. Im Dream

Im Dream Owner

What if we fix texture and shadow on the map?
    wouldn't you agree garnet ?
  14. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

what part of changing the map will kill the server? it doesn't matter what change it is, having the map different from rp_downtown_v4c_v2 means we will lose players.
    BroDawggg likes this.