[DENIED] Frosty - GA Application

Discussion in 'Army' started by Frosty, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duel

Duel Hunter

Dillan I was the one, along with Rick and Shrimps, that came up with the idea to begin with. When we spoke about the possibility, the biggest argument we made was that all his weaknesses were shown in DB. He'd frequently throw a sarcastic and silly fit, and then leave a quarter of the way through after taking credit for someone else's planning, which left Bosom to clean up after his mess. The activity was just the final straw that let us bring up the actual core issues.

His weakness is exactly with leadership, not just the style. Sure, different good leaders have their strengths and weaknesses, and we work better under certain environments, but Frosty was a case where he honestly deterred things in every aspect. When I talk about competence, I don't talk about passion to lead and make things right. I talk about the actual ability to comprehend the responsibility given, and the ability to embody the goals of everyone under you. When I think of if a good leader is good, I think of players under them going to them for advice and insight. When's the last time Frosty has shown any insight and maturity to tell other people how things are? He's not a role model in my eyes.

Anyhow, if you see the light at the end of the tunnel, that on you man. I'm still thoroughly unconvinced of his ability. I don't doubt his willingness to work and improve, but he's not there in my eyes.

Ethan or koolguy001 likes this.
  2. Duel

Duel Hunter

Actually, I'll give you that, I can't fully remember when Shep stepped in, but the fact is definitely you were given because your rank was the highest at that time.

It was a definite case, but not the main case and surely not the case that made up the entire talk. It was a bigger debate on the second one we had, because of the fact that you missed the first one because of baseball.
    I'm unconvinced because I've been watching you these past couple weeks, especially before I resigned. i'm not going off of new info.

That's a fallacy. Just because something was as it was before, doesn't mean it should be how it is now, especially if so much has changed since then. You're literally buffing your argument off a situation a year ago. Have you also considered that is was booming maybe because they were active, and not because they were generals?

Thank you for proving my insight point I made to Dillan. You do know the only difference between a 2LT and a GEN is the number beside their O? 2LT's can host tryouts, DI train, grant PTE's and PTL's, host DB's, etc. This whole idea of you wanting them more power is horseshit.

And that's precisely the attitude that sucks the life out of this server, and why cycles off mass promotion have killed factions, and statistically so. You don't get to promote people off latent ability, you promote them for consistency. You just wasted all that time you could've made your officers work for it by keeping their faction alive with instant promotion. You think they'll care as much now that you've promoted them? You'll say "yes". Spare me.

3. Frosty

Frosty No Life Goals

No duel. That’s an opinion.

I’m not going to instantly promote them, I hope you realize that. I want them to be consistent, that’s one of the main things I would look for.

I can’t just quit baseball for an online meeting for a military RP server. It was one meeting, that I didn’t schedule. I told you I couldn’t be there, but, and this was the worst thing we had when I was allah, the communication between factions, ESPICIALLY elite factions, was not there. I tried to fix that, but obviously that didn’t work out.

4. tgon95

tgon95 Addict

Haven’t we learned our lesson yet about what happens when a afghan leader becomes a US leader or vice versa

5. Duel

Duel Hunter

Your own application, especially the second sentence in the quote, infers otherwise. Don't double back like a politician, at least admit that it was a bad call, or try defending it.

[​IMG]

All the General spots were filled, then activity started booming. Therefore, it was because we filled all the General spots.

Sigh, I'm done commenting Frosty, I said what needed to be said. Best of luck.

6. Frosty

Frosty No Life Goals

Your opinion is appreciated.
    Thank you.

Duel likes this.
  7. Dillan

Dillan Cappuccino

Not quite, it's actually the level of Authority they have, and the level they can promote to reasonably. They can both do those things, but to say their almost the same thing is spinning it in a bad way, it adds to a factions autonomy as well. A 2LT and say a Major Gen are definitely not the same thing. I'm just correcting you, not arguing for or against frosty here.

Frosty likes this.
  8. Moedano

Moedano Addict

-1. Based off of your Allah experiences and abilities to lead Tali, I don't think you're fit for this.

9. Trust me, I made MANY mistakes as GA. Arguing with people over being right was one of them, just on this thread alone, proves you are not ready. Army gets alot of players, most of them are some what mingey, this isnt how you handle them

10. SirMike

SirMike Am I even ACTIVE anymore?

You are the worst guy to work with. The attitude you had as an allah was MEH IDC.
    i would not trust you with an Allah position until i see how you do as a regular officer.

11. Frosty

Frosty No Life Goals

I wasn’t arguing with duel at all.

12. Frosty

Frosty No Life Goals

Thanks for the feedback, but it’s been 6 months since I’ve led Tali.

Moedano and Dillan like this.
  13. Moedano

Moedano Addict

Six months since you've led a faction...

14. Frosty

Frosty No Life Goals

Yeah.

People can change over time. I understand that my time as Tali Allah might not have been the best anyone has seen so far. There were many things that I failed to do during that time, but I've learned my lesson now.

15. Raul

Raul Hardcore

the majority of people applying haven't lead a faction

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.