Donator Weapon Nerf Suggestion

Discussion in 'MilitaryRP' started by Fox Angel, Jan 14, 2018 at 9:19 AM.

1. Fox Angel

Fox Angel Hardcore

First off credit: 1MD CWO2 Dee who was helping me test the weapon to see it's damage output @Dee

Now then; it has come to my attention that a Donator Weapon has become slightly powerful in certain situations. To the point at which it acts like a sniper rifle. Yes I know it's a donator weapon. But this is something that needs to be considered because it's too powerful. No it's not me complaining, ranting, or even making a "bad" suggestion. I'm making a logical one.

Let's get down to business:
    1) The M60 with no attachments does 53 damage to a shot to the chest. Meaning that you can kill people a hella lot easier and quickly.
    2) With the silencer attachment it takes 3 bullets to kill someone. However it's more accurate. So me & Dee did some testing, with the Bipod setup, a silencer, and Match rounds on the gun on Full Auto, from the front of Afghan Base to the back of it. It acts like a sniper rifle and only takes approximately 20 bullets to kill someone.
    3) I have been noticing a LOT more players using this because of how "good" the weapon is, which yes, is good for Garnet because the weapon is getting attention and people want it so there going to donate for it.
    4) With controlled fire you can hit people sometimes like a sniper can.

Current Stats of the weapon:
    Damage: 53x1
    Damage per mag: 10600
    Damage per second: 530
    Effective Range: 471.9m
    Damage Fall Off: 28%
    Firerate: 600
    Hip Spread: 92%
    Aim Accuracy: 89%
    Clump Spread: N/A
    Spread Per Shot: +5.1%
    Max Spread Inc: +90%
    Recoil: 50%
    Mobility: 0%
    Handling: 50%
    Deploy Time: 0.5s
    Reload Time: 6.27s
    Full Reload Time: 6.27s

Suggested Stat changes of the weapon: (Bolded + Color are the changes) (N/A = Idk what the stats will be after the change)
    Damage: Somewhere between 20-30
    Damage per mag: N/A
    Damage per second: N/A
    Effective Range: 250m
    Damage Fall Off: 28%
    Firaterate: 600
    Hip Spread: 92%
    Aim Accuracy: 89%
    Clump Spread: N/A
    Spread Per Shot: +7.3%
    Max Spread Inc: +90%
    Recoil: 50%
    Mobility: 50%
    Handling: 50%
    Deploy Time: 1.5s
    Reload Time: 6.27s
    Full Reload Time: 6.27s

Edit (Update): This thing with no attachments can kill a Nailgunner/Tank in 5 shots

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 10:07 AM
  2. Shrugger

Shrugger Mass RDMer

As someone who does this during the those “20 bullets” enemies can often take cover, run, or snipe you. For sniping it’s impossible to do as there is no scope for the weapon. I am very bad when it comes to blue on blue cause I can only see blurry outlines. -1

3. OpTic Gunnner

OpTic Gunnner No Life Goals

Wtf we are not braking this

-1 Not happening
    Never

4. Papa Jester

Papa Jester Nazi

Ok first and foremost, no.

The M60 is considered effective up to 1,100 meters when firing at an area target and mounted on a tripod; up to 800 meters when firing at an area target using the integral bipod; up to 600 meters when firing at a point target; and up to 200 meters when firing at a moving point target.

^from wikipedia, also I know for a fact that people don't deploy bipods too often and snipe with the M60 to make it that much of a problem. I'd rather kill you with an Orsis. On top of that, believe it or not, I'm having an extremely hard time killing someone with the M60 without any attachments from more than 50 studs away.

"It acts like a sniper rifle and only takes approximately 20 bullets to kill someone." 20 rounds* is actually quite a lot to kill someone. I think a sniper rifle that takes 20 shots is something we already have on the server and it's called the Army Soldier M16.

This would piss a lot of people off.

5. Ethan or koolguy001

Ethan or koolguy001 Hardcore

-1 for damage/effective range/spread per shot

+1 for change to the weapon because I do want to see the Mobility/Deploy time changed.
    It should deploy in 1 seconds, and have a reduced mobility of 10%.
    It only makes sense since it is an M60, a large machine gun.

Other than that, I think the weapon is fine as it is. It is a powerful medium-close range LMG.

6. Fox Angel

Fox Angel Hardcore

First off, this is a Video Game not Wikipedia, not everything needs to be accurate to the point. Also they set up in Detroit a lot because it's a lot of Moderate Range to Sniper Range combat in certain spots.
    Let it piss people off, and also. 20 rounds to kill someone like a sniper rifle, is barely ANYTHING since the fucking thing holds 200 Rounds. Out of 50 bullets from the M249 SAW I can hit 1 target 3 times. However in CQC I can hit them 40 times.

Some Examples of Each Point:
    Detroit Example: Construction Site during the one war had 3 M60's in it, the only way we were able to take it is if we sniped them. And even then they were still able to hit us even if we were sniping them because of how accurate it can be randomly.

ATTC Example: Being rushed by an M60 in a tight hallway, your dead because the M60 with a silencer on will kill you in 3 bullets, and without the silencer can kill you with 2 bullet

Airstrip Example: Two M60s set up front & back with ammo pack & sandbags to create steady fields to fortify a position, with 2 people on the side to protect their flanks. They can take out any enemy because of how effective it is to set up an M60 into a mounted position and just hose down enemies that are coming in as long as you can target them.

CASE IN POINT THAT IT'S TOO POWERFUL IN MEDIUM-CQC COMBAT. You legitimately just +1/-1 a suggestion because you want "specific" stats to change because of x,y,z. When I'm focusing on problems that actually exist on the server and nobody wants to point it out because they just buy M60's themselves. Well guess what, not everybody is fucking made of money.

@Shrugger @OpTic Gunnner @Papa Jester @Ethan or koolguy001
    I don't have the weapon and I have a FUCKING HELL OF A TIME trying to combat them. I KID YOU NOT, THE ONLY THING I HAVE BEEN DYING TO WITHIN THE LAST 5 DAYS IS M60'S because of their damage output and DPS.

7. エリーゼ

エリーゼ Member

+1 i don't see why not because many of us prob won't donate because we either don't have enough money or we are still in school. For example the m60 is very op it needs to be nerfed just a tiny little bit.

Fox Angel likes this.
  8. Ethan or koolguy001

I don't have any donator weapons at all. I haven't spent a single penny on Garnet Gaming. I spend most of my time sniping though because when I attempt CQC, I drop to 2-5 FPS after trading fire with an enemy.

I see where you are coming from, dying to the M60 close range because it can kill in 3 shots. But most Afghan assault rifles can kill in 3-4 shots, some even 2-3 shots like the M60.

9. Fox Angel

Fox Angel Hardcore

Well I just updated my original post:
    "Edit (Update): M60 can kill a Nailgunner/Tank in 5 shots.

But yeah, Im fine the Assault Rifles, but the M60 is a global donator weapon and I see a shit ton of them now because of how "good" the weapon is. With Silencer: 3 shots to kill to the chest meaning it only takes 5 bullets to kill someone. Without attachments: 2 shots to kill someone meaning it only takes 4 bullets to kill someone.

10. Ethan or koolguy001

I agree, it is a straight upgrade to damage from normal assault rifles, but making this change you are suggesting would bring it down to the same effectiveness as a normal assault rifle.

I want a change to be made, but not as drastic as you seem to want.

11. Purpleblop

Purpleblop Addict

12. sbens

sbens Squeaker

Sniper rifles don’t take 20 shots to kill somebody...

13. SirMike

SirMike Am I even ACTIVE anymore?

Weapons r fine

14. Dillan

Dillan Sensitive & Thin-skinned

-1 I don't even use have this gun, and I get killed by it plenty of times. Its not that bad.

15. Do you even R P?

Do you even R P? O O O F

-1 Change not needed.