Forward Operating Base VS Military Base

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by Garnet, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Forward Operating base style with tents for spawns, lots of sand barriers, and little buildings

29 vote(s)
  2. Military Base style with larger, multi-story buildings

26 vote(s)
  1. Kronic

Kronic Homesick Abortion

2. Canadian Toast

Canadian Toast toastie trap <3

I'd have to agree. My only concern is how vehicles would play into it.
  3. Shrimp

Shrimp Guest

Hopefully we remove vehicles in favor of better tickrate and performance. If not, a surface level depot inside the main entrance.
  4. Kronic

Kronic Homesick Abortion

Take it back.
  5. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

This is pretty much what me and Dio tried to accomplish when he made Chaharikar, except, i turned out as one large back, with a tiny outpost that was meant to be a small FOB. This was due to the 2 week time restraint we had for the map.
  6. I mean tbh I wish the outposts were utilized more. Currently the uses for it are literally 1) Place to base camp during wars, 2) An always KOS zone with nobody in the outpost to realistically 'defend' it (aka make it KOS), 3) some factions utilize it for secrecy when it comes to their tryouts, 4) SOC factions hold DBs there sometimes, and that pretty much sums it up. Can't really think of any other reason to have anyone there right now that actually matters. Personally it's a waste of space because of the list of items it's used for aren't nearly as 'proper' compared to ATTC where you can actually do shit for tryouts like lights or the obby (ROBLOX lol xd), or maybe Airfield and/or Detroit to do sims. The current outposts aren't being used as much as they should. To take it one step at a time I think that would be better if it was changed, then move on to other things.
  7. BroDawggg

BroDawggg Crippling Depression

I like the forward operating base setup, looks like camp just set up and they on a outpost seems pretty good to me. But I wouldn't have 2 FOB's I would choose either US or RU like US could have a embassy with large structures and RU invaded a foreign country or RU would have the large structures and US is invading honestly I'm all for RU having the FOB. What ever you choose though
  8. Brandon (Untitled4k)

Brandon (Untitled4k) [MRP] Human Resources Member

Personally RU should stay the same but us should be more FOB
  9. Fox Angel

Fox Angel Godlike

I like the idea & look of the FOB. However much can be said by an actual military base. But keep in mind; would the US put an important military base within 50 miles of another base? No. I prefer the idea of the FOB because it feels more suited and will allow us to have more semi-serious RP perspective. Much can be said and done this way or that way. Not to mention Garnet spent so long working on the russian base and I'm kind of getting tired of how US Base looks like a run down military base that we decided to occupy for some reason. (I wouldn't mind seeing this happen if the Military Base gets chosen over the FOB)

However my opinion is one of many and may not mean anything to certain people (or a lot of people); it's always about the thought & what the person is trying to say. Hopefully whichever one the community chooses & you choose the FOB/Military Base looks will change how people feel about it. A lot of us will get adjusted quickly, some longer than others and there will be map suggestions to help replace/fix this...

None the less; best of luck with the map creation Garnet & Diomander for the final map product. Whichever one gets chosen I won't complain and enjoy playing on the map.