Garnet MILRP Map updates

Discussion in 'Server Updates' started by Diomonder, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Phantom

Phantom I know de way Staff Member Owner

I was going to suggest that you make the killhouse walls look like wood but looks like you already have that covered.

2. BraveSoulGames

BraveSoulGames Addict

ur too good for us :p

3. Diomonder

Diomonder NLR

Well. Fuck.
    I have been struggling with ideas and haven't touched the map in a few weeks and I just don't know what to do. I can't think of how the terrain should look, how the bases should look, or anything like that. I have a majority of the buildings made but I just don;t know how to place them. I have never struggled this much on a map before. If you have any sort of screenshot of terrain, buildings, towns, anything like that please share them because I need some inspiration, I cant think!

4. SirMeman || Alex Conway

SirMeman || Alex Conway Godlike

I can make more layouts, like the one I gave for the US Base

5. Ethan or koolguy001

Ethan or koolguy001 Hardcore

Check out my suggestion on your other thread for the map suggestions :) It might not be very practical because of how large the map would have to be, but I want to see your thoughts on it. It is only an idea though, no screenshots of the idea.
    http://garnetgaming.net/threads/garnet-gaming-milrp-map-suggestions-and-bugs.20744/page-3
    Scroll down to the very bottom once you go through this link.

6. ✪ Fearless™

✪ Fearless™ Godlike

HES ALIVE!!!!!

7. Duel

Duel Retired

Push the corner objectives closer to the middle, and push Detroit a little further up. Make the roads connect so they're near attached, and have small outposts sprinkled so that people can rotate on foot from one objective to another, while still having cover. The north side where the large deadzone is for the US can be a mountainous region with paths carved into them, and you can replace any leftover empty area with the US outpost there. Keeping the objectives proportionate to where they're not too close or far is important, because they should still be far enough so that you can't shoot from one objective to the other, i.e. the fog covers it. What this basically allows is constant movement and troop fighting, even after hitting the ground, and it promotes communication instead of atv smashing on buildings from base. The dead zone from the corner closest to the US side has it so that before you hit that commercial strip, it's completely barren; there needs to be buildings there for the US to push off of.

There needs to be more buildings here. I recommend not putting a US skyscraper equivalent since Afghan does need some sort of terrain advantage to combat against numbers, but there definitely needs to be 2-story buildings here for US to push off of.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....933/043848877CF713E4126859811A58BB706C68FA40/

I recommend moving US outpost here, and creating trails in between of mountains that allow for a proper way for US to push in ATTC without it looking retarded, but also ample opportunity for Afghan to ambush if planned well from the would-be mountaintops/hilltops.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....090/51B9F78391CE697EC9DDA114D3FCF7360139A531/

A trail through the hills from here to the Oil refinery area would make things even more tighter:
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....182/4D5DE83406909EE8B160FE0DA679A2A8EAC1AF8F/

Fox Angel likes this.
  8. Ethan or koolguy001

He is starting fresh with another version of our current map. It will have different terrain/bases, and maybe even different objectives.

9. Duel

Duel Retired

Imo re-writing from scratch is wasted effort. The bases sure so that they can have their own appeal, the terrain does need to be worked on heavily, but the objectives and general idea isn't bad at all. It just needs to be hella refined.

10. Ethan or koolguy001

Yeah, I do miss being able to walk to either Comms/TC if you quad was still respawning because it wasn't too far of a walk. Now the only reasonable objective to run to is Detroit (for Afghan).

11. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

Would've sat down and talked to you to try and get your ideas going. I'm sorry I've been super busy, and sick as of the last 3 days :(

12. Toxic

Toxic MRP Manager Staff Member

Shrugger likes this.
  13. Brandon (Untitled4k)

Brandon (Untitled4k) Dumpster Baby

14. BraveSoulGames

BraveSoulGames Addict