MilitaryRP | Help me with the new map

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by Garnet, Jan 23, 2018.

What should be used?

1. Garnet's textures

2 vote(s)
  2. Default textures

2 vote(s)
  3. Garnet's textures BUT edited

32 vote(s)
  4. Default textures BUT edited

10 vote(s)
  1. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

I've been messing around with the skybox/terrain/loads of other things, and I've come to an agreement that this map will be far more foresty than any previous Garnet map, in order to offer more cover in warfare via the use of trees (which me and Diomonder originally thought could be accomplished with rocks on a desert map)
    Anyhoo, I've looked through many textures for the terrain, and the majority of them looked far too saturated for my eyes, which led me to create my own textures - i'm not entirely set on them, so I'm reaching out to you guys for an advice.

Left - my own texture
    Right - public grass texture that mappers commonly use in Garry's Mod

Terrain using my textures:

Terrain using default textures:

KEEP IN MIND, I can do all sorts of adjustments to my own textures, aswell as the publically available textures as I am somewhat efficient with photoshop, just let me know what would look better!
  2. ItsTJxx

ItsTJxx Jew

I like yours :p
    it's nicer than the other one which looks pretty common.
  3. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

Nothing to adjust in your opinion? IE: make the grass darker/more saturated
  4. Purpleblop

Purpleblop Addict

imo, both are good but I think your is better.
    I would say make your grass a bit darker/more green(unless you are going for a dead grass look. In that case, then it's great.)
  5. ItsTJxx

ItsTJxx Jew

Yes maybe make the grass a bit more darker green.
    Maybe like keep parts like right now and some darker.
  6. Tayler

Tayler Mass RDMer

Common texture looks better
  7. .lua

.lua ℣LONE

Use default, it looks way better imo
  8. bishopil

bishopil Crippling Depression

Your texture looks great. Some things I would recommend is make it look more saturated/a greener color. It currently looks like sandy grass, which looks a little odd.
    Crin and Josh 3 like this.
  9. imo, the default looks too bland and boring, I think your texture is much better. I really don't think it needs to be edited that much though...
  10. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

Welp, we had mixed reviews and not a definite answer other than "there needs to be editing" so I created a whole new texture, using both textures strong sides for reference (details in my texture, and color saturation of the default grass texture). While working on this I took into consideration that it must blend in well with the trees that are across the map, and I can't say i'm mad with the results.

✪ Fearless™ likes this.
  11. redindy

redindy Addict

Your terrain does mix well the the trees, seems to dead and barren. Think you should either make it greener or just use the default grass

Edit: yeah that looks alot better
  12. Shrugger

Shrugger Mass RDMer

I like this one the best.
  13. bishopil

bishopil Crippling Depression

That looks great.
  14. agreed
  15. OpTic Gunnner

OpTic Gunnner No Life Goals

I like the green it’s looks more nice and adds some color