MilitaryRP | Help me with the new map

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by Garnet, Jan 23, 2018.

What should be used?

1. Garnet's textures

2 vote(s)
  2. Default textures

2 vote(s)
  3. Garnet's textures BUT edited

32 vote(s)
  4. Default textures BUT edited

10 vote(s)
  1. Crin

Crin Godlike

That version looks really good.
  2. Shephard

Shephard Local Horse Fucker Staff Member Owner

Left looks more arid, right looks too lush.

So left.
  3. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

look at my final version, it's a mix of both.
  4. Shephard

Fade the green 10%?
  5. Ok so if you want a desert/forest type of environment then your first texture is pretty much spot on due to drought making the grass dry and starting to die. It has the texture of dying grass but also some green to make it not entirely dead. So with that, the only difference you would need to do is have it fade when it comes to the sides of the mountains because you can definitely tell where the texture starts and where it stops. If you wanted to be more detailed with grass and make it purely green and shy away from the desert aspect of the server entirely, then the 2nd seems to work. ALTHOUGH, you could also turn the map into the Kandahar province where's there's grass in some places, and desert in others. Let me know how you feel.
    Shephard likes this.
  6. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

fuck you mean "fade the green"
  7. Shephard

Most art programs have a color wheel, where you can darken the color or fade it by a bit regardless, fade it a bit. Don't be mean.
  8. Crin

Crin Godlike

You said u were making the textures in PS? Fading the colour isn’t too hard in PS.
  9. Garnet

Garnet Asshole Owner

I'm not mean, i'm just confused as to what you mean. Turn it more gray scale? basically the opposite of saturating the color.
  10. I love the final version you made, the third one in the reply!
    - It is new, goes away from the desert feel we have had for such a long time, but it isn't too far and it is a unique texture custom made.
    - The detail of the unique texture is really good in my opinion, it adds a better, less reminder of sandbox compared to the first texture on the right, but keeps the color, still not a vibrant though, which is good. The first texture on the right was a bit too vibrant, and the one that you had fuse them works well.
  11. Shephard

*nods autistically*
  12. Purpleblop

Purpleblop Addict

the new one makes me pp hard
  13. Swigs

Swigs Maple Syrup Bather

That look's really good
  14. Mun

Mun Member

The final version is a pretty nice. Really liked what you did for that texture.