[MRP] Early rule Additions

Discussion in 'Administration' started by SythenMcSwiggity, Jan 29, 2018.

1. SythenMcSwiggity

SythenMcSwiggity Local Horse Fucker Staff Member

in Yesterdays staff meeting, we had brought up two new things!
    1: We now forbade the use of rank transfers! Rank transfers are only allowed when a faction is being taken out, and people whish to join a faction of EQUAL TIER VALUE, within the SAME COUNTRY.
    Example: If by some odd chance SEALs is being removed, we would only allow ranks transfers from that faction, into MARSOC, or Green Beret. But not Delta Force
    Example 2: If ISI was removed by some chance, they could only rank transfer for Blackguard, O55th, and Haqqani.
    Example 3: If Blackguard was removed, they could only transfer for O55ths, or Haqqani, but not ISI

2: With or without the new map in fact, we limited basecamp!
    Base-camp is only if you kill people within the walls of the base!
    "But what about those pesky people who plan on sitting around the edges of the base!"
    Well, the perk is you're allowed to shoot them, and not suffer retaliation!
    Example: Taliban is inside base, but sees a US Ghillie on a hill overlooking Afghan base. You are allowed to shoot him, but he is not allowed to shoot you!
    This allows for people being base-camped, to take out the forces camping them without being shot.

Garnet does plan on soon putting towers at the corners of the bases, and at the entrances to the bases, but until then, enjoy the fact you can literally sit on the edge of your factions base, and not be killed!

3: OP's Afghan or US, are now considered country claimed, meaning you can be AOS/KOS because it is considered tresspassing. But you do need to claim them for tryout functions. So if ISI wants to start their tryout at Afghan OP, hey must claim Afghan OP, then KOS it to intruders in an advert.

I hope everyone is fine with these immediate changes! Everyone will recieve a grace period, dependant on the color of the text. All changes are effective immediately
    Red: No Grace Period
    Yellow: 24 hour Grace Period (1 day)
    Green: 72 hour Grace period (3 days)

Some other things that will be implemented immediately
    Faction wars!
    This was an idea from back in the day, and practically chopped up as a sim, where a faction would request another faction to defend an OBJ for "X" amount of time as the requester attacked for training purposes. Sadly, due to town being a hotspot for numerous different things, the only places you may claim to do this sim is ATTC, and Airfield.
    Terms:
    -Faction leaders must call it, upon an agreed objective. Preferably by Leaders of both sides coming together at a set location, and setting up the ground rules of said "war"
    Example: No Snipers, Explosives, no Vending Machine boosts, Etc, Etc...
    -You must have at least one Afghan Faction, and one US Faction participating (Because it will be a continuous flow of units to that area, if its Marines V Army, they spawn in the same location... like c'mon)
    -You cannot have more than 2 factions included, and more than two SOC factions included
    Example: Tali IJU O55th and HQN, versus Army, Marines, GB and MARSOC is the maximum you may put into the faction war
    -A faction war on an objective may not carry for over 10 minutes, this is the mximum, caught breaking this maximum is FailRP

****Technically the Area is KOS, if you wander into the war area, and are not an affiliated faction with the war, you can be killed, and the perpetrator will receive no punishment.****

Kidnapping!
    You now only require O-1+ plus to kidnap (It used to be O-3+), then of course 2 fellow men as well, which equates to three people entirely!
    You may only kidnap once every 10 minutes. Being in a group of 6 people, 2 being O-1+, you may not take on numerous captors, you are now considered a group and everyone involved is on cooldown.

Counters!

Countering regulations are being worked on, stay tuned!

Raid Rescue!
    Raid Rescue regulations are being worked on, stay tuned!

2. bishopil

bishopil Crippling Depression

That rank transfer rule...

3. SythenMcSwiggity

people abused it, and used it for the dumbest reasons, me and Garnet agreed it was time to get rid of it. considering it was only added after UK and RU Died in order to get people to join a faction they wanted to after losing their old ranks.

Edit: this is the general basis, but exceptions can be made, including cross country transfering, regardless, as of now, no transferring regardless, thats all that matters.

4. Storm

Storm Member

I'm happy rank transfers are ending. That stuff was really abusive.

Fox Angel and Phantom like this.
  5. tropic

tropic Dumpster Baby

Love the new base camp rule, now i can push up to Afghan base with out shitting my pants. :D

Donoduck likes this.
  6. SythenMcSwiggity

yep, and you cannot shoot anyone inside afghan base, even if they're shooting at you, or damaging you!

7. bishopil

bishopil Crippling Depression

I don’t think it could be abused really. Doesn’t the staff involved approve it? What if ALQ is prospering, but IJU is dying and officers want to transfer over to help?

8. SythenMcSwiggity

and that hasn't been happening, in fact IJU/HQN have been trying to transfer out. Lol a hypothetical of something of which the opposite is happening doesn't change my mind. Regardless, idc, they wouldn't be accepted to transfer, nor IJU into ALQ like they currently try to do, look at Pony's resignation.

bishopil likes this.
  9. Flurpasaur

Flurpasaur Hardcore

Rip. I transferred in to try and help when Sbens was Gen.
    change your profile pic back it looks like the thing is getting raped

10. SythenMcSwiggity

Nah he's checking you out cutie.

Fox Angel likes this.
  11. Fox Angel

Fox Angel Hardcore

@SythenMcSwiggity Rules look fantastic. I'm glad that rank transfers have been put to a stop due to it being abused or overused for the dumbest of reasons. "I want to rank transfer because I don't feel like playing *Insert Faction Name here* anymore". Like, learn how to make a faction fun or enjoy being on the server instead of bitchin & complaining that there is a problem with the faction and nobody is fixing it when the leader is probably trying to fix it.

SythenMcSwiggity likes this.
  12. Ethan or koolguy001

Ethan or koolguy001 Godlike

I just read over this again out of boredom and focused on the faction wars rules.
    What's the point of this? This is literally the same thing as a sim, except forced organization through formal server-wide rules. There isn't a need for this. I think that faction wars should be unique, instead of a more formal sim.

- To initiate a faction war, two representatives from each faction participating must meet to discuss the terms of the faction war. (Example: A Taliban CPT, and a Taliban 1LT meet with a SEAL ADM, and a SEAL WO. They decide that no explosives, and no snipers will be allowed.) Then they will return to their respective bases, and advert the faction war. (Example: '/comms Taliban is prepared to fight the Navy SEALs in a faction war!' '/comms The Navy SEALs are prepared to fight Taliban in a faction war!' '/advert The faction war between the Taliban and the Navy SEALs has begun!').
    - Faction wars take place on the entire map.
    - Any location a team captures will be adverted by that team (Example: /advert Taliban has claimed the Construction Site of Town in the faction war!).
    - Any locations captured by a team are KOS to players that get in the way or refuse to leave, whether they are a part of the faction war or not. Any casualties on captured areas to non-faction war participants will be seen as collateral damage, like civilians during war.
    - The factions that are involved in the faction war may KOS the opposing faction members anywhere on the map besides when they are in their respective base. (Example: SEALs can kill all Taliban on sight, as long as the Taliban are not inside of the Afghan base, if both factions are in a faction war.)

This would separate factions wars from sims by allowing a more war-like feeling to the faction war!