Mun/Kaz - Moderator Application 3.0

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Mun, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mun

Mun Member

Name: Mun/Kaz Miller
    Warns: 2
    Country of residence: Florida, United States
    Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    How much time do you have on the server? 1MD LtCol Mun has played for 884:32:21.
    Do you own a Microphone: Yes.
    Referral(s): Nakila, Bro, Brandon, Vivianne
    About yourself:

Hello, my name is Joshua Kim; also known as Mun in the GarnetGaming MRP server. I am 20 years old and I enjoy playing games like Gmod, Smash Bros, League of legends, and some games I have in the Steam library. Other hobbies that I do enjoy is playing my acoustic guitar, reading some news and webtoons, watching some shows that peaked my interest, and helping with my parents overall. My interest of games started way back when I bought my first console called the Nintendo Gamecube. My first game was called the Need for Speed Underground and I didn't know much about some of the game mechanics way back then. I begin to buy about 5 more games and played it only for fun. When I don't know how to complete the whole game, I used to look at YouTube for the walkthrough and have made it all the way through, even today I still used it.

When I bought my first laptop, I used to play a Nexon game called Sudden Attack. It was similar to CS:GO but with only Blue (CT) vs Red (T). I played it more and more to get to the rank I am supposed to be. Ever since they discontinued the game because it doesn't reach many players outside of South Korea, I have played another game called Combat Arms, which I didn't play often. Because I didn't have an interest with that game, I have played a little bit of LoL because a lot of my friends from church and school played the game and as of right now, I am still a beginner towards the game. I usually played it for fun, not for competitive stuff. While in my senior year, my friend from high school showed me a video from a Gmod Hide and Seek named Vanossgaming. I started to subscribe his channel and watched more of his GTA5, Gmod, and more of his videos that I like to watch. Then, I subscribe many of his friends like MiniLadd, I AM WILDCAT, H2O Delirious, Mini Ladd, BasicallyIDoWrk, and DaithiDeNogla.

In March 2016, I started to buy CS:GO first, played a lot over there and searched up some videos on how to train competitively. I used to play Smash Bros competitively and try to exploit weaknesses from many players but it's gonna take progress. The first time I download Gmod, I went into some different server like ZombieRP, Hide and Seek, Walking Dead RP, and also a bit of PrisonRP. As soon as I saw ImperialRP from the Star Wars section, I have been a lot active with it say like about 6-7 hours. When that server is discontinued because of unpopularity, I have went from ImperialRP to a little bit of HaloRP because of the video game named Halo. I started to get bored a little until I went into a Military RP server named GarnetGaming since around May-June 2017. The first time I experienced the server is when a US Drill Instructor didn't respond my plea of me wanting to be trained so I switched over to Afghan and they have showed me around the Afghan base. The next day, I was thinking why not give the US a chance and become an Army Enlisted (This is way back when Army used to be an entry faction while the NSWC and Marines are not). I have finally received training from a Drill Instructor and I have becoming a bit active with the server because I've made some friends with people and have talked about which faction I would join.

When I joined in my first tryout, I don't know how to operate OC and thought I would give up until I give this one faction a try: Marines. As soon as I made it, the server crashed on me and the trainees. So the next day, I have gotten the whitelist and got to know some of the people that are in the faction. As soon as I get on more and more of the same server, I have learned more and more of how things work and know certain things.

Past experiences as staff: I was a former MRP Trial Moderator. Just knew the ropes and almost all of it.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants?
    The reason why you should choose me over the other applicants is that I have experienced the ways of how staff works. Recently, after the war, no one doesn't want to make a debrief. So, I volunteer up to the stage and although I was a bit scared but I mustered up the courage and told them the things that most respected officers do. As soon as we left the debrief, I heard one of the MARSOC Operatives that it was the perfect post war debrief and it makes me feel like I can try it again almost most of the time. I wouldn't call it as a medal of honor, I call it as the sense of motivation to move expand my comfort bubble and learn some new things that you didn't see everyday.

Yesterday night, I read a post of Phantom making a public apology of how he randomly silence most of the people because they talk in OOC while in war. He says in it that he doesn't hold a grudge and just move on towards his life. When I read it, it made me think that we made mistakes alot of times and we can still learn from them. I feel the same way of not really holding a grudge because I have learned it through my family. My family has been through so many grudges and misunderstanding where it comes to the point of yelling and banging on the tables and furniture. So, that is the second reason of why you should choose me over other applicants: I never hold a grudge to anything personal including certain players I hate. If you can give Phantom the chance to let it go, will you do the same for me?

And the last reason I am closing this for today is that I am at least half serious and half friendly to many community members. Since that the server is semi-serious, I can still roleplay as an Officer and lead through many enlisted to where they are supposed to go. After the war, I started to get down to business with tryouts and sims. If I don't have anything to do, I usually talked to the soldiers I knew and hang out until the General telling me to do tryouts, training, or sims. Think of it as an On/Off switch where you are Off mode to wind down. But, when you flip the switch, you are in action and am pumped up to do something. When there is something that needed to get done, I am getting down to business.

Did you read the staff rules: [GG] Kaz Miller

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Papa Jester and kev1299™ like this.
  2. ✪Abu✪

✪Abu✪ Dumpster Baby

+1 Nice app

3. Nakila

Nakila Hardcore

+1 Lots of effort into the app, good playtime and lots of dedication to being a staff member on GG.
    Add me to refferals

4. Crin

Crin Hardcore

Holy shit bro, nice app + I’ve seen you in game a lot and you did good as a leader.
    +1

5. BroDawggg

BroDawggg Mass RDMer

+1 you used to be really shy but I think becoming a officer on marines really changed that for the good! you're active and dedicated to everything you do (add me to referalls)

6. Brandon (Untitled4k)

Brandon (Untitled4k) Aaron for Gen again?

+1 Great person, very mature, and has gotten over his Timidness as far as I can tell. Good luck mun.

Add me to referrals

7. Jasmin

Jasmin Dumpster Baby

+1 Mun is an awesome 1MD officer, very mature, and great person.

kamihd51 likes this.
  8. Brandon (Untitled4k)

Brandon (Untitled4k) Aaron for Gen again?

Wait mun your 20? @Mun

9. The.Batman

The.Batman Human Resources Director

@Mun 1. You're 20? Holy shit, Didn't know that. 2. Very Very nice application, Colors are a bit much but it is very long and you clearly put a lot of time and effort into it. 3. You used to have very little social skills when it came to talking to people/Leading, However you have gotten Much, Much better. I just want to make sure you are going to be able to talk to people in game very clearly and be able to handle all the duties of a staff member. Can you do this?

10. The Anchorman

The Anchorman Addict

20 my ass.

I mean pretty much what Aaron said. Other than that i think you will do good as staff +1

11. Bam

Bam Hardcore

+1 nice app, great player in game.

12. Mun

Mun Member

1. Yes, everytime I have been trying to apply for staff, I am still 20 years old. 2. Thanks for looking at my application, very much appreciated it. 3. Pretty much I condition myself to be a bigger person just like many role models including Lt. Winters, Optimus Prime, and many more that I can rely on. Maybe as staff, I can speak clearly with the players and handle them as such. So, hell yeah. Let's do this!

13. Canadian Toast

Canadian Toast ivan the gopnik blyat

I don't know how someone with officer experience such as yours could have been previously denied. +1, good luck.

14. Pump

Pump Mr Robot

-1 Mun your an awesome guy to be around and an overall funny/great guy but I think your a bit too nice to be staff which can easily be taken advantage of by players with malicious intent.

Josh 3 likes this.
  15. The.Batman

The.Batman Human Resources Director

I agree that he is a nice player, However i don't think you have noticed his recent improvements. The only problem i really see with him is if he can't speak properly and people might have a hard time understanding him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.