Remove MVP of the Month

Discussion in 'DarkRP' started by LEO THE LION, Jan 12, 2018.

1. LEO THE LION

LEO THE LION Dumpster Baby

As I have recently discovered from my time as a staff member on DRP, MVP is a great way to make people help out with the server and it helps staff members get a "Double Promotion".
    On the Downside of this, I have seen multiple staff members achieving way more sits than they should be able to take to receive their "Double Promotion"
    As of recently, a post made by @Nightbot included an updated version of the MVP system which he had mentioned this in it.

I will point out that he indeed said "only one player will be given MVP"
    This in my opinion will encourage staff to try to compete against each other for that "Double Promotion"
    I don't want to sound like a communist here but I believe we should all have the chance to take a sit without having 4 or 3 staff members stealing all the sits.
    I have noticed newer staff members are also trying to get MVP and have a tremendous amount of sits. Don't like what i'm saying? Just go look at the past monthly rosters and examine the amount of sits that could have been shared equally.

My point - This will not help out the staff team at all and will instead just hurt it. There should be no staff member with 500 sits just for a small "Double Promotion." There should not be staff members with auto clickers sitting there all day and stealing those sits with the staff members that are in need to finish their quota.

Thank you for reading.

2. Nightbot

Nightbot Basically God

Sorry for the misunderstanding but the majority of staff promotion dates will not have a double promotion, they must hit the quota relative to the total and fit other requirements that were not listed (and can be decided by higher ups) to fit a double promotion. Since they cannot and will not know the necessary requirements and that they're changing, the only way they'll actually even attempt to qualify for one is being the best staff member they can be and positive private reviews from spectating by Admins+. Should have made it more detailed.

I would like to see community replies, though.

3. Lizard King

Lizard King Set OJ Free

This was also an issue during the summer when I was staffing (way back when). The solution I thought up back then was to give any/all Staff on Duty the first priority for sits, because that's literally their one job, and I do remember having 10+ minutes between sits despite being on duty because other people not on duty hovered over the click button. If SoD don't look like they're taking sits, people could see staff as lazy, when in reality they are trying to help. In addition, a staff rule could be added. It could be rather simple, just along the lines of "Be flexible in taking sits, staffing is for the benefit of the server and not an aggressive competition". This would encourage staff members to work these issues out themselves on the server, rather than making threads in the forums, which can be seen as unprofessional. If someone ignores this rule, either on accident or on purpose, they could be disciplined accordingly.

4. Margarit Cotty

Margarit Cotty Homesick Abortion

If you care about people getting promoted faster than others and taking all sits then just resign, you are here to help the server by enforcing the rules, if people are taking a lot of sits for the double promo it helps the server because more sits are being handled, after the double promo was introduced the while thing with staff members being too lazy to handle sits while roleplaying because they hit the quota disappeared, MVPs is not a competition, its encouragement to do your best.

5. Kahn

Kahn Hardcore

I like the idea of having that in staff rules/training. Personally as being a staff of the month x2 in a row, i see that it can annoying.

6. LEO THE LION

LEO THE LION Dumpster Baby

You clearly didnt read the full post. Now with 1 spot for MVP which will make people dedicated to getting a small Double promotion. Im not stating that I dont want people to get promoted, infact I encourage people to take more sits. This is not a rant post so please do not automatically think im upset and suggest that I resign. This is a simple suggestion. I am okay with this being denied or accepted.

7. Margarit Cotty

Margarit Cotty Homesick Abortion

Yes i did , you are suggesting to remove the double promo just because of how many people just dedicate their time to get the sit count up to get MVP, i dont see whats wrong with that as long as they dont rush sits and handle them correctly, and even if we remove double promos that wont stop the autoclicking that you so much despise, by the end of the day the rule breakers get punished and that's what we want.