Sleepy Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Denied Appeals' started by Sleepy, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:38 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleepy

Sleepy Newbie

Date of Ban: 1/12/18
    Length of Ban: 2 weeks
    What happened?: I killed Afghans interrupting a US debrief
    Staff Member(s) involved: Brandon took my sit and didn't take action in the case of hand. Toxic banned me.
    Any sort of proof(photo,video): The only video that was made was by Ethan, but it doesn't have sound and doesn't show the full clip.
    Why should your appeal be accepted?: Because we have been informed by Shepard that if there are Afghan interrupting debrief they are KOS, and even if they weren't close to our base, they were honking their horns on the car, which travels further than speaking range, which was making verbal communication difficult inside the debrief. I understand if my understanding of the instructions Shepard put in was flawed, but if the Afghan are able to annoy and disrupt the United States debrief then there should be a distinct line or wall marking the KOS range as well as consideration for a car horn's range.
    Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59200161

2. AustinDatDude

AustinDatDude Addict

-1 honking a horn is not plausible evidenc ehey interrupting, what Shepard meant was if a Afghan walks in and starts talk or walks in general

@SythenMcSwiggity please deny it as it is still mass

3. Sneaky Goose

Sneaky Goose No Life Goals

To be honest, there is no reason why any Afghanistan should be at that corner of the map in the last 20 minutes before war starts. OC has been replaced by ATTC which is completely secluded and eliminates the reason of "we came here to train". On top of that, there is no other objective even remotely close to the FOB. I don't care what anyone else says but deliberately driving up behind the base and honking your horn sounds like minging to me.

Homast likes this.
  4. Sneaky Goose

Sneaky Goose No Life Goals

That's not entirely up to you to decide so don't get on your high horse and ask for this to be denied.

I honestly think there should be a revision to the rules where as soon as a war DB is called, the entire base and surrounding territory should be KOS. You should still be allowed to sneak in but you being killed should not be considered RDM. Either that or drawing definitive cordons for the base.

Sleepy likes this.
  5. Toxic

Toxic MRP Manager Staff Member

DENIED & LOCKED
    Even though that honking your horn may be minging as Sneaky Goose said, that is still no reason to kill them. Unless @SythenMcSwiggity wants to reverse my denial of this then this is going to stay denied.

6. SythenMcSwiggity

SythenMcSwiggity There is no way. Staff Member

This is fine
    BUT I will state this to any Afghan Members paying attention
    If you are close to that DB building, you can still be KOS'd. Though sadly, no one as close enough to be KOS'd This is being stated after reports of Afghan members going up against the DB and listening in, then saying some half assed excuse such as "Oh, there isn't a signifying KOS line, so it isnt KOS" which isn't that case, I'd say these people are at the edge of said line, and only the person who ran up would've been KOS, if he hadn't of ran back. Also to state, there is no reason for anyone to be back there to be honest, but i'm not going to state that entirety is KOS'd. Regardless, US doesn't have a wall on that side, Afghan does, even if a portion of it is fence, its still some sort of boundary.

Sleepy likes this.
  7. SythenMcSwiggity

SythenMcSwiggity There is no way. Staff Member

upload_2018-1-13_17-17-34.png
    Note this isn't me overruling, but after thinking about it for a good bit, I'll be ACCEPTING this appeal, as it was never clear where and where not the base lines are, I find it only fair, considering no one knows as of now where that line is. And no, there is not rule on allowing KOS to interruptions outside of the base, but I can add this as a rule, but this would be limited to during war DBs and if its via vehicle, because if its Mic-Spam they get warned for it.

Sleepy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.