You brought your own demise.

Discussion in 'Factions and Regiments' started by Papa Jester, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Upland (Abu Ahrame)

Upland (Abu Ahrame) Homesick Abortion

What does it pride itself on then?

2. Ethan Cesario

Ethan Cesario NLR

A faction that has good trainers and a reliable amount of tryouts with an overall respectfulness of other factions including Afghan.

3. Upland (Abu Ahrame)

While I do think that those are good things to have in a faction, but isn't that a bit.... boring?
    I mean do not get me wrong here now, I think Navy in this state is good, hell even great, but could we do more? Since I would argue that yes we could do more. Hell we could even restore a bit of that old SOC skill into the seamen.

4. John Burger

John Burger Dumpster Baby

So the pride of your faction is something that is expected from every faction on the server?

5. Upland (Abu Ahrame)

Well, take a look at the server.
    Some factions are not even able to do those normal things, so having a faction that is great at them is something to take pride on.

6. Ethan Cesario

Ethan Cesario NLR

Right now im trying to improve on sims something that is not to present of US imo.

Again if you want to give me some advice go ahead but, on the topic of doing the same thing as everything else im trying to provide a stable foundation for people trying to get into seals by implementing training and sims into the faction.

7. Papa Jester

Papa Jester Nazi

Sorry to be the barer of bad news but "good trainers" are the people who literally teach people how to not RDM, sole purpose of the "drill instructors/trainers". Anyone can be a good DI. Second, just because you hold a lot of tryouts doesn't make the faction worth coming to. If anything, it makes it worse. You may not realize it but quality of the faction is based on scheduled tryouts and/or lower quantity of tryouts. Doing tryouts everyday will eventually cause less and less people to tryout. When Shuga led MARSOC way back when, why do you think the ENTIRE server went to them? Lastly, respect by other factions. Nobody said you couldn't be skilled and still have respect. When I ran Navy, I had ties with all of Afghan and even before Tayler and Burger came to be I had the most skilled faction on the server as well as the most respected. Granted some people from other factions tried to deteriorate that but ultimately got themselves removed in the process. Nevertheless, people challenged us and lost every single time. Nobody could beat my old Navy and to say the least, no matter how much "respect" you have from other factions, respect doesn't make you better. For example, I can respect ISI but it doesn't mean they're good players.

8. John Burger

John Burger Dumpster Baby

Just because some factions don't do it, doesn't mean it isn't expected and should be done regardless.

9. Upland (Abu Ahrame)

Would you like my help?
    I think I have some a bit older afg sim docs I did.
    Yes, but as I said:
    If a faction is great at them (not just ok, Great) I think that should be a point of pride.

10. Ethan Cesario

Ethan Cesario NLR

It seems you guys have a lot of good points I would love to address if you want to talk in TS I would be happy to do so.

11. Upland (Abu Ahrame)

I mean I am literally atm in the same channel as you.

12. Zach Jones

Zach Jones Crippling Depression

To run an entire faction such as a leader of the entire US Army and entire US Navy, you need to be an intelligent player who understands all aspects of the game and have had enough experience to run the faction. Seeing generals on the server with playtimes of 300 or so hours is a joke. Promoting these guys to these ranks is what makes it retarded and why factions are failing and we run into tehse problems. Not everyone is supposed to be a GA or general, so not everyone should, only the select few who earn the right. It would be better to have one central leader for the faactions who is able to handle it

WarmPupper likes this.
  13. WarmPupper

WarmPupper No Life Goals

14. Canadian Toast

Canadian Toast the illest

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, or you're out of the loop, but Pablo has been doing great...

He's certainly been a lot kinder and interactive then all the other elitist navy leaders so far. (Sorry if that comes off as dis)

15. Papa Jester

Papa Jester Nazi

I've spoken to Pablo about what I said and you won't understand what I meant. I wouldn't worry about it.