Jump to content

DarkRP Update [07/06/2020]


Recommended Posts

Garnet Gaming

Unboxing System

Complete overhaul

Multiple different crates added - still left to add is some explosives as well as vapes, but I'd like to receive criticism for our existing crates

2b520b7e198be3ced1fdd328a765eb8d.png

Currently featuring the Bronze - Silver - Gold - Garnet

Priced at 10k - 25k- 50k - 100k (ignore the pricing in the image above)

93226de8f4d0c3fbc06f3d253b55f905.png

More money spent results in higher tiered weapons. IE: the Garnet crate strictly features donator weapons.

 

 

Printers

19abbd38ee5ac9596f51a2c5cc07be79.png

Printer withdraw cooldown was cut in half, now 5 seconds. (previously 10)

 

 

Battering Ram

fb5e6eab7265d43df1671a4e7b42c962.png

CPs can no longer ram the doors of wanted players, all players who are being raided by the PD MUST be issued a warrant.

 

 

Prestige Totem

f3f377f31c50957a35b6b28ab003e9b5.png

 Disagree button has been removed

 

 

Dueling

ee9772c2e85a377b2e0aeb022d1943c1.png

As requested by Proggy, players in a party cannot initiate a duel - I assume that this is to deter players getting into a duel and being unable to damage one another/minging.

 

 

Prop Spawning

2a15482f329a69524057c0bb98502c68.png

CPs can no longer spawn props

PS. it was never intended the mayor can build up his PD, instead, use the tens of doors throughout the PD to hide and protect yourself if you uphold bad/controversial laws

  • Like 5
  • Spicy 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
22 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Prop Spawning

2a15482f329a69524057c0bb98502c68.png

CPs can no longer spawn props

PS. it was never intended the mayor can build up his PD, instead, use the tens of doors throughout the PD to hide and protect yourself if you uphold bad/controversial laws

So does this mean that I can finally fairly pd raid to kill the mayor without having to deal with some bullshit base? Fucking. Amazing.

Rlly good update overall garnet!

Link to post
2 hours ago, Garnet said:

Unboxing System

Complete overhaul

Multiple different crates added - still left to add is some explosives as well as vapes, but I'd like to receive criticism for our existing crates

2b520b7e198be3ced1fdd328a765eb8d.png

Currently featuring the Bronze - Silver - Gold - Garnet

Priced at 10k - 25k- 50k - 100k (ignore the pricing in the image above)

93226de8f4d0c3fbc06f3d253b55f905.png

More money spent results in higher tiered weapons. IE: the Garnet crate strictly features donator weapons.

This concludes this update 🙂

Link to post

Garnet this update is overall great and I appriciate all the work you put in for DarkRP. The printer update makes it so much faster and easier to claim money now so we dont have to keep on taking money every 10 seconds. The unbox system seems to be better in my mind so hopefully it would be good as I have imagined it to be. The prestige update is also another way for players to have no choice and have a mandatory decision to prestige. The party update with the duels will take some time to get used by havimg to leave the party everytime but over Garnet this is such a amazing update, ty.

  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
3 hours ago, Garnet said:

PS. it was never intended the mayor can build up his PD, instead, use the tens of doors throughout the PD to hide and protect yourself if you uphold bad/controversial laws

2 things:

1. If it was never intended, why were there rules restricting only certain police classes to building in PD?

2. Going off of 1 - Can wardens still build in the jails (To make it safer for bails or control large groups)

Link to post

PD seems useless now i would even go so far as to say unplayable. 

On 7/5/2020 at 8:07 PM, Garnet said:

if you uphold bad/controversial laws

people raid the pd no matter what type of laws you have as someone who plays pd a lot i can say people will raid pd no matter the laws you have

 

On 7/5/2020 at 8:07 PM, Garnet said:

instead, use the tens of doors throughout the PD to hide and protect yourself

the only place to really hide now is in the mayors office with is separated by 4 doors witch isn't that many the other problem is the vent in the back of the pd as you know you can clime up it and go into the  mayors office completely bypassing any doors, the only other viable place to hide as mayor is in the storage room witch still isn't good all it takes is couple shots with a good gun to the head to kill you.  Mayor was already a hard job but as it is now its impossible to play mayor you will be killed stupidly fast now no matter ur skill all it takes is a bunch of  people storming the pd to kill you,  also as it is now the only way to play mayor is to hide in some random building and wait for a hit man to kill you or to just run around and try not to get killed.  This update was great but i think some more thought needs to go into how the mayor is handled just some constructive criticism  -Erza ((i tested all that i said in game)) 

side note the the warden is also compliantly useless 

Edited by Erza_austin
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
Link to post

I must agree with Erza, people do not care about the laws you put in, even if you are a friendly mayor they will still place hits on you or try to raid you and i know some people have amazing almost unraidable bases as a mayor but i think that is okay, the mayor should have the best protection on the server and cops are just running around not even arresting people, and even if you have a spartan in the PD with you as the mayor it takes 3 pro players to raid the PD and the mayor is dead. Everything in this update is great but i dont like the PD idea 🙂  

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
7 hours ago, Erza_austin said:

PD seems useless now i would even go so far as to say unplayable. 

people raid the pd no matter what type of laws you have as someone who plays pd a lot i can say people will raid pd no matter the laws you have

 

the only place to really hide now is in the mayors office with is separated by 4 doors witch isn't that many the other problem is the vent in the back of the pd as you know you can clime up it and go into the  mayors office completely bypassing any doors, the only other viable place to hide as mayor is in the storage room witch still isn't good all it takes is couple shots with a good gun to the head to kill you.  Mayor was already a hard job but as it is now its impossible to play mayor you will be killed stupidly fast now no matter ur skill all it takes is a bunch of  people storming the pd to kill you,  also as it is now the only way to play mayor is to hide in some random building and wait for a hit man to kill you or to just run around and try not to get killed.  This update was great but i think some more thought needs to go into how the mayor is handled just some constructive criticism  -Erza ((i tested all that i said in game)) 

side note the the warden is also compliantly useless 

 

5 hours ago, Pikožrút said:

I must agree with Erza, people do not care about the laws you put in, even if you are a friendly mayor they will still place hits on you or try to raid you and i know some people have amazing almost unraidable bases as a mayor but i think that is okay, the mayor should have the best protection on the server and cops are just running around not even arresting people, and even if you have a spartan in the PD with you as the mayor it takes 3 pro players to raid the PD and the mayor is dead. Everything in this update is great but i dont like the PD idea 🙂  

I do sort of agree with this. Maybe though warden can block it off through the jail? idk, I just feel like part of the magic of being mayor was actually building stuff, however I also understand the other end, and that it can be made into incredibly hard raiding bases. I know you obviously have the final say, but I ask that you maybe reconsider this. Maybe limit it to 3 fading doors, or something for the mayor, but I think the raiding aspect is what made being mayor so much fun, at least for me.
Also, I'm not saying at all that I'm not grateful for the update. I love the new unbox, and I'm glad you fixed the dueling glitches/party stuff. 🙂 thank you for always working so hard on the server, and I really hope you have a amazing day.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
Link to post

Looks like based off of you guys' criticism I may just allow the Mayor to build up the PD, as well as the Warden, while disallowing other CPs from building.

Care to shoot me your own input on the situation @proggy

  • Like 1
Link to post

I mean being honest I really like the idea of the mayor not being able to build, 

If it is possible can you just make doors in the PD take much longer though to lock pick, maybe not much longer but  considerable amount, And to give the mayor a little benefit maybe make it to where he can make more money?  Like maybe for every lottery he gets 2% or maybe up to 5% depending on the amount that's won or make it easy and just make the salary a lot more than what it is.

  • Like 1
Link to post

I dont like mayors having a full fledged base inside the PD for a few reasons.

1) police can NLR during pd raids, making things very difficult if they reach certain numbers.

2) The police force can sometimes be VERY large. Keep in mind that raiding is limited to groups of 5, and parties limited to 7, but there can be up to 27 players on civil protection classes. I know the police classes will likely never be completely filled but still, it is not uncommon for there to be 10+ cops when there is a good mayor.

3) Mayors that take 5-6 hours to die is only disallowing more people from being able to play the class, and their laws can be oppressive to new players.

I've literally seen a mayor go to sleep spinning in the vault, and wake up 8 hours later still being mayor because of reasons 1 and 2. 

If we do allow warden and mayor to have props again, I want to come up with stricter rules. Maybe limiting it to two fading doors, and allowing them to propblock vents/paths within the PD as long as there is a viable path to raid through. I definitely want PD bases to be weaker than normal bases since they can have a numbers advantage, as well as be able to NLR.

 

I also want to add a rule that if a mayor flees the PD during a PD raid, they are still KOS to the raiders for the duration of the raid. 

Sometimes the mayor will flee PD and expect it to be against the rules for them to be killed. I think the raiders should still be able kill the mayor as long as the mayor was in the pd when the raid started.

  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
56 minutes ago, proggy said:

I dont like mayors having a full fledged base inside the PD for a few reasons.

1) police can NLR during pd raids, making things very difficult if they reach certain numbers.

2) The police force can sometimes be VERY large. Keep in mind that raiding is limited to groups of 5, and parties limited to 7, but there can be up to 27 players on civil protection classes. I know the police classes will likely never be completely filled but still, it is not uncommon for there to be 10+ cops when there is a good mayor.

3) Mayors that take 5-6 hours to die is only disallowing more people from being able to play the class, and their laws can be oppressive to new players.

I've literally seen a mayor go to sleep spinning in the vault, and wake up 8 hours later still being mayor because of reasons 1 and 2. 

If we do allow warden and mayor to have props again, I want to come up with stricter rules. Maybe limiting it to two fading doors, and allowing them to propblock vents/paths within the PD as long as there is a viable path to raid through. I definitely want PD bases to be weaker than normal bases since they can have a numbers advantage, as well as be able to NLR.

 

I also want to add a rule that if a mayor flees the PD during a PD raid, they are still KOS to the raiders for the duration of the raid. 

Sometimes the mayor will flee PD and expect it to be against the rules for them to be killed. I think the raiders should still be able kill the mayor as long as the mayor was in the pd when the raid started.

I like this idea a lot to be honest, but I don't think that building in the PD should be completely removed. ATLEAST if your gonna remove fading doors and shit, allow for building just for fun. (Items in cells and shit by warden, Mayor can build stuff around PD to provide fun services and shit, etc.) I think just removing fading doors or adding it so its 1-2 is a very good idea, but they should still be allowed to build in the PD for fun reasons. That's honestly a major part of what makes Mayor/Warden fun for people in my opinion, along with a lot of the other cops around. (Those who don't care about arresting everyone anyways.)
On the other hand, I do think 1-2 is a good idea, or at least allowing for there to be only one path. Other then that, I completely agree that mayor basing is too op right now, but I dont think we should take away building entirely.
Obviously I am only referencing Mayor/Warden building.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
Link to post
On 7/5/2020 at 9:07 PM, Garnet said:

Prop Spawning

2a15482f329a69524057c0bb98502c68.png

CPs can no longer spawn props

PS. it was never intended the mayor can build up his PD, instead, use the tens of doors throughout the PD to hide and protect yourself if you uphold bad/controversial laws

What if the player is a VIP and pastes a Dupe down for PD before becoming CP like do props get wiped or do they stay up when you switch jobs.  Great update tho!

 

  • 300 IQ 1
Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...