DarkRP Update [06/01/2022]

logo.png
Day & Night Cycle

Returned due to the lowered population and having more performance overhead 🙂

337ede88364d80ac7cba3baa8beae834.png

Duel System

A brand new Duel system curated by @Bizzy for MilitaryRP, imported into DarkRP

Featuring a leaderboard, round system, and up to 5v5s. - thank you @Proggy for building us some basic arenas to get started

c8b627b9ffe1b02c526849e1688b381c.jpg

IN-DEPTH SCREENSHOTS COMING TOMORROW MORNING

Current Duel Modes

Hot Potato

All participants receive a M61 Frag Grenade

The Dragon

All participants receive a AWP Dragonlore

Old Western

All participants receive a uberly slow shooting revolver

Crowbar Mania

All participants receive a crowbar

Legacy

Default loadouts/donator weapons, 100 HP

Hardcore

Default loadouts/donator weapons, 1 HP

Slow Burn

Default loadouts/donator weapons, 300 HP, 150 Armor

Auto-spawning Totems

87e6bdacfd4b56beddd24f151152bd17.png

Brought back to the server, there was a 5-minute fix to be made that I didn't realize was an issue.

Baby's Totem, Scientist Experiment, Mafia Money Bag, and others will spawn across the map at random

Loading Screen

Music Removed & Reverted back to the original style. For no reason other than the lower population and theorizing what could've caused it

Reports System

The duration of reports has been increased from 10 to 15 minutes

This allows more time for reports to be handled before they 'expire', however, even 10 minutes seems unusually long to me personally

Staff Commands

Set job will strictly print to staff member's chat and no interrupt players' gameplay

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Loading Screen

Music Removed & Reverted back to the original style. For no reason other than the lower population and theorizing what could've caused it

THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH! Every time I would join the server while talking to someone or listening to music this deafening song blasted into my headphones. I have them on 54 volume and this felt like I had boosted them up to 100% or even higher. If this is added back (which I hope it's not) please turn the volume down.

3 minutes ago, JinpingXi said:

THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH! Every time I would join the server while talking to someone or listening to music this deafening song blasted into my headphones. I have them on 54 volume and this felt like I had boosted them up to 100% or even higher. If this is added back (which I hope it's not) please turn the volume down.

The volume was supposed to be turned down automatically, but Garry's Mod is just genuinely showing its age lol

5 minutes ago, Nutter said:

The volume was supposed to be turned down automatically, but Garry's Mod is just genuinely showing its age lol

That makes more sense, I was wondering if it was or not because rarely it would actually lower the volume.

Awesome updates, I can’t wait to try out the new dual system, and I’m excited to see everyone’s builds too! The extended sit timer is much needed, while most sits take a couple of minutes, uploading clips always takes a while and happens often, which accounts for the majority of active-expired sits, so this is reassuring. And funny enough I did wonder where the totems had gone, I assumed I was just unlucky and never spotted one haha! Glad they are back 😁The day/night cycle will be cool to see, time for a bit of dodgy dealing on a poorly-lit street 😎 And it’s a shame if the loading screen may be casing low-pop, I personally really liked it but I understand your theory and it’s worth trying to see if it helps for sure, it would be nice to see the pop back up again!

Thank you @Nutter and @Bizzy for your hard work, brilliant updates as always!

• Friendly 1
Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2022 at 11:50 AM, Bizzy said:

arenas aren't set up

Are all arenas (meaning each arena map persay) able to be used for each gamemode thats going to be included? This may be a dumb question, however, I was just asking for the sake of myself and others.

Edited by ajbedhead
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ajbedhead said:

Are all arenas (meaning each arena map persay) able to be used for each gamemode thats going to be included? This may be a dumb question, however, I was just asking for the sake of myself and others.

Yea it's similar to the old duel system except now u can pick your own arena and you can have up to a 5v5. You can edit starting hp/armor, gravity, speed, etc..

+ leaderboard

Edited by Bizzy
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1